I have imported various new photos from my digital camera into iPhoto some days ago. Today I found out that I had forgotten to adjust the daylight savings time on the camera. I would now like to select the photos of this particular camera only, and adjust the time stamp (a.k.a. EFIX data). But there’s no option to do so in iPhoto…
How do I do that ?
Even though there’s no option in iPhoto to select photos based on included info about the camera that took them (a.k.a. based on “Camera Data”), it’s not too hard to do so anyway by creating a Smart Album.
– in iPhoto, go to “File” in the top menu bar, then select “New Smart Album” from the pulldown menu
– in the drop down panel that appears, start by typing a name for the new Smart Album (e.g. “Camera X photos”)
– then set the following using the three multiplechoice-buttons “Camera Model” “is” “[your camera X model]”
– if you want to only filter out photos that were made after a certain date, you should set another rule to do so
– then click on the “OK”-button
– an album folder icon accompanied by a gear-wheel (a.k.a. “sprocket”) will now appear on the left menu, click on it to open it
– then select one of the photos in that folder and press [CMD]+[A] to select all photos in that folder
– then go to “Photos” in the top menu bar, and select “Adjust Date And Time” from the pulldown-menu
– in the drop down panel that appears, type the time that you want to change the first photo’s time to in the field behind “Adjusted:” ; the exact same time change that you set here for the first photo will be implemented to all selected photos
– I would suggest putting a checkmark in front of “Modify original files”, but this is not essential
– then click on the “Adjust”-button
– to clean up, right-click (or CTRL-click) on the Smart Album folder in the left menu and select “Delete Album” from the popup list [this will delete the Smart Album, but the individual photos will remain in their original location]
– that’s it…