Every time I am browsing Amazon, whenever I look at a product page that has a product’s promo-video on it, the video will open automatically in a separate ‘floating’ window and start playing. However, there’s no button to close the window, and even though I am able to drag the video window, I can’t move it outside of the visible part of my browser (Safari). As a consequence, I’m not able to have a useful look at the product page, as the video-window is blocking off a huge part of the screen…
This is getting extremely irritating. What can I do ?
This is a problem that occurs when using Safari with the AlterVideo plugin enabled when visiting video-featuring pages on the Amazon website, but it might also occur in other cases with different browsers, different video-plugins and different websites.
The way to fix this is rather simple :
– in Safari, click on “Safari” in the top menu bar
– in the drop down-menu that opens, click on “Preferences…”
– in the Preferences window that opens, click on the ‘blue puzzle piece’ tab entitled “Extensions”
– there, click on “AlterVideo” in the list on the left
– then, make sure there is NO check-mark in front of both “AutoPlay (Only for First Video on Page)” and the “Aggressive Detection (You may see a ‘floating’ video player)”
– after that, just close the Preferences-window by clicking on the red bullet top left
…now, try visiting Amazon again and everything should work properly
That’s it !