Sometimes, when I look on my Apple Watch to check the time, the watch face has suddenly changed to something completely different.
Now, each time this happens, I have to open the Watch-app on my iPhone and reselect my preferred watch face and set it as “My Current Watch Face” to get things back to normal…
Isn’t there an easy way to prevent that my watch face will suddenly change into something different ? I’ve looked in on my Apple Watch and in the iOS Watch-app, but I can’t find a setting to block this…
What am I doing wrong ?
Since you have unintentionally set multiple watch faces in “My Watch Faces”, you’re watch face will change if you swipe left or right when your current watch face is displayed.
Simply put : it’s a feature, not a bug.
To be more precise : this is a feature for people who want different watch faces for different activities like “Work”, “Home”, “Sports”, etc. ; but anyone who has no need for this feature, or never thought this could be handy, it seems like erratic behavior whenever the watch face ‘suddenly’ changes…
To fix this :
- on your iPhone (or iPad), open the Watch-app
- the “My Watch” screen opens
- at “MY FACES”, see how many watch faces you have set
- click on “Edit” (in orange)
- in the “My Faces” screen that opens, delete all watch faces you don’t want or need, except for the “Current Watch Face”
- then click “Done” (in orange)
- then exit the Watch-app
that’s it 😉