While going through photos in Photos.app, I opened the People-library to see if there were any new faces that I should identify to connect them to the right person.
To my surprise I found that some people had 2 separate entries in the People-library : they were listed once with a group of photos with them in it, and another time with another group of photos that also had them in it, but the 2 groups were completely separate.
Is there an easy way to tell Photos.app that both are the same person ?
The easiest way to make Photos.app see both groups of photos as referring to the same individual is to merge the 2 entries,. To do so, do this :
- open Photos.app
- listed at the left of the window that opens, you’ll see ‘Library’
- select the ‘People’ chapter from the list
- in the window that opens, you will see thumbnails of various people, each representing a group of photos that are identified to have that one person on them
- if you see a duplicate (i.e. if you see that any particular person is listed twice), select one, then press [CMD] and select the other one with this person in them
- then right-click on the last thumbnail (of the 2) you have selected and select ‘Merge 2 people’ from the dropdown menu
- now, both entries will be reduced to only one with all those photos in it
That’s is !