I have just gotten my new space grey Mac mini 2018, and as I’ve always done, I would like to change the icon to the official Apple icon, but I can’t find an official logo anywhere…
What can I do ?
The current version of macOS 10.14 Mojave doesn’t include an official icon for the new space grey Mac mini 2018 yet, but you can use one of these :
- you can get a ‘front view’ icon here :
- or you can get a ‘top view’ icon here :
- after downloading your preferred icon, do this :
- select the Macintosh HD (or whatever you’ve renamed your internal SSD to) on your Desktop or in the Finder
- press [CMD]+[I] to open the “Info” popup menu
- then click on the icon (top left) and a blue outline will open around it
- then open the file (with the icon as a picture) you’ve just downloaded in Preview
- in Preview press [CMD]+[A] to select the entire image
- then return to the Info-popup window, and press [CMD]+[V] to paste the new icon
- now your Mac mini 2018 has a better looking icon
That’s it !
Thanks to you too 😉
Thanks for the feedback – enjoy !
These look amazing, but the link to actually download them seem to be broken?
Thank you for the compliment – and thank you for your feedback !
If you can see the icon-pictures in the post on-screen, you can drag&drop them from the website onto your Mac to save.
In case that doesn’t help you either, I’ve also added links to the original files through the word “here” (2x) in the original post.
Hope this helps – enjoy !