I have just gotten my new space grey Mac mini 2018, and as I’ve always done, I would like to change the icon to the official Apple icon, but I can’t find an official logo anywhere…
What can I do ?
The current version of macOS 10.14 Mojave doesn’t include an official icon for the new space grey Mac mini 2018 yet, but you can use one of these :
- you can get a ‘front view’ icon here :
- or you can get a ‘top view’ icon here :
- after downloading your preferred icon, do this :
- select the Macintosh HD (or whatever you’ve renamed your internal SSD to) on your Desktop or in the Finder
- press [CMD]+[I] to open the “Info” popup menu
- then click on the icon (top left) and a blue outline will open around it
- then open the file (with the icon as a picture) you’ve just downloaded in Preview
- in Preview press [CMD]+[A] to select the entire image
- then return to the Info-popup window, and press [CMD]+[V] to paste the new icon
- now your Mac mini 2018 has a better looking icon
That’s it !