I installed the iOS-app called “FaceApp” on my iPhone a few days ago, and now suddenly it’s on a screen-page I don’t want it on. The way I normally use to move it to another screen-page doesn’t work however : if I hold the icon for a long time, the icon’s doesn’t start shaking and no X-label does appear either.
I managed to get the shaking icons and the X-labels in the end by just holding my finger on another app a little longer… but now, the “FaceApp” doesn’t want to move either when I put my finger on it…
I finally managed to move it by moving another app in front of it, but I still can’t get it to another screen-page…
So, I tried to delete the app by clicking on it’s X-badge, that seemed to work at first, but the “FaceApp”-icon immediately reappeared, only the name has now changed to “Home”, and there is no X-badge on it… so I still can’t delete it…
What is wrong ? What can I do ?
- First, exit the ‘shaky mode’ by clicking on the (physical) MENU-button (the front one, just below the screen
- Then, open the AppStore.app
- Click on “Updates”
- Then click on “Purchases”
- There, you’ll see that the “FaceApp” is listed, but with the “cloud&arrow”-icon next to it (so the “redownload from the AppStore-cloud”)
- Then, click on the “cloud&arrow”-icon to reinstall the app
- Exit the AppStore.app
- On the main screen-pages you’ll now see that the name of the app has changed back from “Home” to “FaceApp”
- Now, click&hold the FaceApp-icon until all icons start shaking and you’ll see that the X-badge will also appear on the FaceApp-icon
- Then, click on the X-badge and the FaceApp.app will be deleted from your iPhone, or move the FaceApp.app to the place you want to have it on your screen-pages
That’s it – enjoy !