Today, I had to type some text that included some financial figures, but for some reason I got a TM-sign on screen every time I typed the Euro-sign by pressing the key-combo [ALT]+.
I’ve never had this before.
What is wrong ?
How you got this problem is unclear, but the solution is simple.
Have a look at the top menu bar (of the Finder), is there a US-flag next to the current time ?
If so, your keyboard is set to US-layout and in US-keyboardlayout the [ALT]+ key-combo will give the TM-sign (Trademark-sign) on screen.
To change that, do this :
- click on the US-flag in the top menu bar (of the Finder)
- in the pulldown menu, click on “Open Keyboard Preferences…”
- in the window that opens, make sure the “Input sources”-tab is selected, then click on de + (Plus-sign) bottom left
- from the list in the pulldown window that opens, choose “British” (UK-flag)
- then click “Add”
- back in the previous window, click on “(UK-flag) British” at the left to select it
- then close the Preferences window by clicking the red button top left
- then in the top menu bar (of the Finder) make sure there is a UK-flag
- if there still is a US-flag, click on it and select the UK-flag from the pulldown menu
…then try typing the [ALT]+ key-combo in a text and see if it works
…that’s it ! enjoy 😉