I have a voice recording that I would like to loop continuously on my iPhone, so it will repeat over and over again.
How do I do that ?
It is possible to do that on your iPhone (or iPad), but not with any of the pre-installed Apple apps… so you will need to download and install an app like VLC first. You can download VLC for iOS here.
Once you have VLC installed, do this :
- record your voice memo in Apple’s pre-installed VoiceMemos.app ( Dictafoon.app in Dutch )
- in VoiceMemos.app, in the list of voice memos, click on the voice memo you want to loop
- when the voice memo info expands, click on the ‘three blue dots’-button at the left
- in the popup screen list, click “Share“
- when the list is expanded with app icons, swipe to the far right of the row of app icons and click on the “More“/’three grey dots’-button
- in the popup list of apps that appears, scroll down and click on “Copy to VLC“
- then click “Done” top left
- when VLC opens, the voice memo will auto-play
- tap on the empty black area below the track’s title
- now, in the black audio control screen that appears, tap the 3 dots (bottom right)
- in de pop-up menu, click on the loop icon until the ‘loop 1’ icon is shown (so NOT the ‘no loop’ or ‘loop’ icon)
- now your voice recording will play over and over until you manually stop it
Note : When VLC does not auto-play the voice memo, click the “Audio” button (bottom left), then click on “Unknown Artist” in the list that appears, and the voice memo will be available there (if it was exported properly from VoiceMemos.app)
That’s it !