I had to do a small retouch on an JPEG-image that is on my Mac, but my AdobeCS-licence is out-fo-date (and I don’t want to renew it until I need to do more tan one hour of work with it) so I can’t use Photoshop CS as I would usually do.
Then I remembered that I have the FREE Adobe PS Express-app installed on my iPad that should be able to do the trick. I figured out a way to get the JPEG-image to open using iCloud, but when I try to save the end result, the image is not saved in iCloud…
How do I get the edited JPEG back onto my Mac ?
To open the JPEG-image that is on your Mac in PS Express-app on your iPad, do this :
- first, on your Mac, make sure that the image is saved on your Desktop (or another easily accessible folder that is being synced across your devices using your iCloud-account)
- then, on your iPad, open the Files-app and got iCloud Drive > Desktop (or the folder where the JPEG-image is in)
- now click on the JPEG-image and it will open in a preview window
- there, click on the Export-button top-right [the square with the upward pointing arrow]
- in the pulldown-menu you will not see what you are looking for straight away, so scroll down and click on “PS Express”
- now the JPEG-image will open in the PS Express-app and you can edit it
After editing, export the image back onto your Mac doing this :
- make sure you have the finished the image open in PS Express-app on your iPAd
- now, click on the Export-button top-right [the square with the upward pointing arrow]
- in the window that opens, you will not see what you are looking for straight away, so scroll all the way down and click on More [the three dot icon]
- now, in the popup menu that opens, scroll down and click on “Save to Files”
- in the new pop-up that opens, typ the name you want to give the JPEG-image over the random name that was automatically generated (to by-pass potential naming conflicts, give it a slightly different name than the original image)
- then, in the list of iCloud Drive folders, select Desktop (or the specific folder that you want to save the finished image to)
- then check that it says “Item will be saved to “Desktop” on iCloud Drive.” and click Save [top-right]
- then go back to your Mac, and you will see the edited JPEG-image there
That’s it !