The Xiaomi Mi Band Pulse seems a great product, but I can’t get it to work.
It seems to come straight from Asia, as the user manual is in Chinese only.
Luckily scanning the QR-code that’s in de manual downloaded the Mi Fit-app, and since the app is in English figuring out how it works was easy.
Only problem was that the app doesn’t include directions on knowing how to charge and when the battery is full…
…the battery pre-charge it came with lasted for less than an hour, so it turned out that the first thing I have to do is charge it…
How do I know ? How can I check ?
The Xiaomi Mi Band Pulse (a.k.a. Xiaomi Mi Band 1S) is a very high-value-for-money activity tracker indeed. It’s not an extremely accurate top-quality activity monitor, sleep monitor or heart rate monitor, but at this moment it can be considered as the best low-budget activity tracker for people who would normally use the iOS Health app because they want to stimulate themselves into moving or exercising more and want to keep track of their activity during swimming, sporting, exercising and sleeping, even when they can’t keep their iPhones with them.
Secret Trick #1 : Charging :
- just take the sensor from the bracelet
- put it in the USB-charging cable the right way round
- hook it up to a powered USB-port or charger (not included)
- wait for all 3 leds to light up continuously
Secret Trick #2 : The Missing Manual :
Secret Trick #3 : resetting the Mi Band Pulse / Mi Band 1S :
Secret Trick #4 : try the continuous heart rate app also :
Secret Trick #5 : use it with the iOS Health app also :
- install the Mi Fit app first and make sure it works with your iPhone
- then, open the Health app on your iPhone
- in the Dashboard screen, click on the “Sources” button on the bottom side
- on the next page click on “Mi Fit”
- then on the next page choose which data you want to sync between Health app and Mi Fit app
- then click “Health Data” at the bottom, next to “Sources”
- then repeat the following for each type of data you want to exchange between the Mi Fit app and Health app :
- for Sleep Analysis sharing, choose “Sleep” –> “Sleep Analysis” –> “Show on Dashboard” & “Share Data” –> “DATA SOURCES: Mi Fit” –> delete any individual data that you don’t want taken into account
- for Weight sharing, choose “Body Measurements” –> “Weight” –> “Show on Dashboard” & “Share Data” –> “DATA SOURCES: Mi Fit” –> delete any individual data that you don’t want taken into account
- for Heart Rate sharing, choose “Vitals” –> “Heart Rate” –> “Show on Dashboard” & “Share Data” –> “DATA SOURCES: Mi Fit” –> delete any individual data that you don’t want taken into account
That’s it 😉
Note/update : there seems to be a German language unofficial manual for the similar Mi Band (so not the Mi Band S1 Pulse), that you can get here :
Xiaomi Mi Band – Anleitung, Tipps & Tricks – das inoffizielle Handbuch
A preview excerpt of this book (which might give you some answers also) can be found here :
Google Books preview – Xiaomi Mi Band – Anleitung, Tipps & Tricks – das inoffizielle Handbuch