I have recently bought an Scanmarker Air scanner-pen. Seems like a great device. I’ve also installed the OSX-app. Strange thing is that the app’s icon is very pixelated.
How can I change that ?
The official icon of the current Scanmarker app for OSX is still a 32x32pixels icon, which is a very old that shouldn’t be used in OSX (where 152x152pixels icons are standard).
Simplest way to fix this is to download an appropriate icon of higher resolution and paste that onto the app. Here’s how to :
- either download the original icon here (still fuzzy since it is a 300x300pixels icon enlarged to OSX-native 152x152pixels) :
- or download the icon of the iOS app here :
- or download the diap desktop icon here :
- after downloading your preferred icon, do this :
- select the Scanmarker app in your Applications folder
- press [CMD]+[I] to open the “Info” popup menu
- then click on the icon (top left) and a blue outline will open around it
- then open the file (with the icon as a picture) you’ve just downloaded in Preview
- in Preview press [CMD]+[A] to select the entire image
- then return to the Info-popup window, and press [CMD]+[V] to paste the new icon
- now your Scanmarker app has a better looking icon
- to make sure it also shows on the Desktop, delete the old Scanmarker alias from the Dock, then open the Scanmarker app again and right-click on it’s icon in the Dock and select “Keep in Dock” from the popup menu
That’s it !