I have an old Peugeot with what-once-was a state-of-the-art navigation system : an RT3 car computer by Magneti Marelli. When trying new navigation CDroms, I encountered an error. The dealer says can it should be fixed by a restart of the RT3 car computer by doing a “Dark button”-reset.
However… no-one seems to be able to tell we where that mysterious “Dark button” is located…
Can you please help me ?
There are two ‘official’ reset options for your RT3 car navigation system :
option #1 :
press the DARK-button until the screen goes black and the RT3 then restarts
Note : the DARK-button is not some mysterious unmarked button, it’s simply the button marked “DARK” that is normally used to darken the screen to not shine too bright at night
option #2 :
- turn off your car and take the car key out
- unscrew the Torx10-screws that are hidden inside the two tiny holes next to the “MP3” and “GSM” printed text (note : the screws don’t come out, the just come loose and stay inside the panel)
- pull the menu-wheelbutton to slide out the ‘car radio’
- flip open the metal lid that is just above the big barcode sticker
- take out the yellow battery pack
- unplug the white connector that is halfway the battery pack’s cable
- wait one minute
- plug the white connector back in, but the battery pack back, close the metal lid, slide the ‘car radio’ back in and tighten the Torx10-screws
According to the Peugeot mechanics, option #2 should work if option #1 doesn’t…
Good Luck !