I am currently using iOS12 and I encountered some apps that no longer run in iOS12. Now, I want to transfer all obsolete iOS-apps I have on my iPhone to an old iPhone that can’t run iOS12.
How do I do that ?
The first step if you want to move apps from one iPhone/iPad to another iPad/iPhone, without using iTunes : start by backing up your obsolete apps to your Mac (or PC). Instructions can be found here.
Then, make sure you have an older iPhone/iPad that’s running iOS10 (or iOS9) ; the best would be a device that cannot run a newer version of iOS. Here’s a list of iOS-devices and the newest version of iOS they can run :
- iOS-devices that can run iOS8 but not iOS9 (or tvOS9) : AppleTV 3
- iOS-devices that can run iOS 9 but not iOS10 : iPhone 4s, iPod Touch 5, iPad 2, iPad 3 & iPad Mini 1
- iOS-devices that can run iOS10 but not iOS11 : iPhone 5, iPhone 5c & iPad 4
Then, start transferring :
- connect your ‘old’ iOS10 iPhone/iPad to your Mac using the usb-charging-cable.
- then start the iMazing 2 software on your Mac
- click on your ‘old’ iPhone/iPad’s icon in the list on the left
- from the pulldown list, select Apps
- from the bottom menu, click on “Copy to Device”
- in the window that opens, select the folder that you have used to backup your (obsolete) iOS apps
- select the apps you want to transfer and click “Select”
- if you want to transfer any additional apps, repeat the process
- when you have transferred all apps needed you can disconnect your iPhone/iPad from your Mac
- now, find the transferred apps on your old iPhone/iPad and try if the app still runs on that iPhone
That’s it !