I have an AirPort Guest Network setup on my WiFi network, but most of the time I don’t need it… is there a way to temporarily switch it OFF ?
Yes, you can do that quickly using the AirPort Utility app on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Here’s how to :
– make sure you have the AirPort Utility app installed (on your Mac it’s pre-installed), for your iPhone or iPad, you can download it here :
– open the AirPort Utility
– click on the picture of your AirPort Base Station (or Time Capsule)
– if you’re asked to type your password, type the password you’ve set on access of your AirPort Base Station hardware (note : that is something else than your WiFi / AirPort password)
– in the page (on your Mac it’s a popup window) that opens, click the EDIT-button
– on the page that opens in iOS, select your Guest Network and on the next page switch Guest Network OFF and click on DONE, then DONE again on the next page and UPDATE in the popup panel
– on your Mac you should select the “Wireless”-tab and uncheck the check mark in front of Guest Network and click UPDATE
– then wait for the AirPort Base Station (or Time Capsule) to restart, and then exit the AirPort Utility app
– Done !
To switch the Guest Network back on, just use the same procedure, but put the Guest Network to ON (in stead of OFF).