When I installed OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, the SPanel application for my Samsung printer was disabled. But it wasn’t deleted…
Now the SPanel application turns out to be incompatible with OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, because nothing happens when trying to run it, but the SPanel icon now sits pointlessly in the upper menu bar of my Mac…
…is there any way of deleting it ?
Yes – there is.
To delete the SPanel app (a.k.a. “Smart Panel”) and the menu bar item :
– open the Samsung folder inside your Applications folder
– drag the SPanel app to the Desktop
– open the Printers folder that’s in your main Library folder, so :
~/[your hard disk]/Library/Printers
Note : the SPanel folder may be inside the Samsung folder you’ll find there , but usually isn’t
– drag the SPanel folder to your Desktop
– restart your Mac
– then drag both the SPanel app and the SPanel folder from the Desktop to the Trash
– then empty your Trash