I have this column full of data in MS Office’s Excel, and now I need the exact same data range in another spreadsheet, but this time as a row…
Do I really need to re-type all data ?
Isn’t there an easier solution ?
Yes, there is a far simpler way to copy data from a row into a column (and vice versa) in Excel.
You can just copy & paste, or “Paste Special” to be exact… it goes like this :
– in Excel, select the range of cells you want to use (or copy)
– then press the CMD + C key-combo (or select “Copy” from the Edit-menu)
– then go to the page (a.k.a. “sheet”) you want the copy the data to, and select the upper-left cell of the area you want the copied data to appear in
– then press the SHIFT + CMD + V key-combo (or select “Paste Special” from the Edit-menu)
– …and in pop-up window that opens, put a check-mark in front of “Transpose” and click “OK”
– now the data from your original row (or column) will ‘magically’ appear as a column (or row)…
…that’s it !
enjoy ! 😉