I just did a clean install of macOS on my Mac and everything works fine. Except for one thing…
The birthdays of my contacts are not showing up in Calendar.app even though they were properly showing in Calendar.app on my previous version of macOS and they are still showing up properly in Calendar.app on my iPhone.
I’ve already tried unchecking and re-checking the checkmark at “Birthdays” in the list of available calendars (at “Other”), login out of iCloud and back in, restarting my Mac, adjusting some birthdays in Contacts.app, etc. Simply put : I’ve tried any solution I could think of…
How can I fix this ?
The solution might be simple, but easily overlooked :
in Calendar.app on macOS, go to “View” in the menu-bar and when the pulldown-menu appears, put a checkmark at “Show All-Day Events”, then click “Refresh Calendars”.
Now check if that solves your problem. If it doesn’t, try this :
- goto Calendar.app
- select Calendar (in the top menu-bar)
- select Preferences (from the pull-down menu)
- select General (the left tab)
- put a checkmark at “Show Birthdays calendar”
- note : if you already had a checkmark at “Show Birthdays calendar”, do this also :
- remove the checkmark
- close the Calendar-app
- restart your Mac
- open the Calendar-app
- put the checkmark back at “Show Birthdays calendar”