I have MS Office running on my Mac, but it’s not Office 365, so on my iPad I can’t unlock all editing features of Word, PowerPoint and Excel for iOS …so I only have the option to open, view and read Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and Excel sheets.
At this moment, I only have my iPad available and not my Mac. Is there any way to quickly do a little editing on a Word document on my iPad, even though I don’t have Office 365 ?
There are several options to do so. You could use Google Docs or Office 700 (an OpenOffice version for iOS), but you probably have Apple Pages already installed on your iPad, so that is most likely the quickest solution :
- open Pages.app on your iPad
- under “Locations” find the Word document you want to edit
- you will see that the Word document is opened as if it were a Pages document
- now edit it as you wish
- when finished, click on the button top-right (the button that looks like a circle with three dots in it)
- in the menu that appears on the right, click on “Export”
- in the pulldown menu that appears, click on “Word”
- in the popup window, click on “Save to Files”
- in the next window, select a location to save the Word document, then click “Save”
That’s it !