I would like to never receive another eMail again from some people that keep sending me spam-eMail. How can I block the senders in my Gmail ?
In Gmail, you can’t block a sender.
However : using a filtering action and ordering filtered eMails to be trashed will have about the same effect as blocking the sender.
Here’s how to do that :
– in your webbrowser (Safari), go to www.gmail.com
– login using your Gmail-address and your Gmail-password
– when your online Gmail eMail-client opens, go to the list on the left and select the mailbox where the eMail who’s sender you want to block is located ; this can be your “Inbox”, but it can also be listed under “More…” and then inside your “Spam” or “Trash” mailbox ; if you can’t find the eMail you’re looking for, try “All Mail”
– select the eMail message itself from the list in the middle of the screen
– when the eMail message opens, click on the ‘downward facing triangle’-button (the one that’s next to the date, there star and the reply-arrow), and select “Filter messages like this”
– in the window that opens, the sender you want to block will already be pre-filled in the “From”-field and all other fields will be empty ; leave everything as-is, just click on “Create filter with this search” (in blue, bottom-left)
– in the next window, put a check-mark at “Delete it”, and click on the blue “Create filter”-button
…that’s it !
TIP 1 : If you have any other senders you would like to block, just repeat the above steps for each sender.
TIP 2 : if you want to block multiple senders using just one filter, put all eMail addresses in the “From”-field and separate them by a SPACE, a |-sign (vertical separator) and another SPACE
TIP 3 : in the event that you change your mind and want to un-block a sender you’ve previously blocked, just login to your online Gmail account again and click on the sprocket (a.k.a. ‘gear’) icon ; in the pop-up menu that appears, select “Settings”, then the “Filters”-tab and click “Edit” to adjust the filter or “Delete” to completely get rid off the filter
Note : any new filter will only be filtering new eMails, not the eMails that have already entered your mailboxes, so all existing mails by the blocked sender have to be manually deleted also.
Any new eMail by these senders will now be deleted when it arrives, so you won’t see it in your online Gmail mailboxes, nor in Apple Mail.app on your Mac, any longer.