I have various notes in my Notes.app that I want to keep, but when I look in the Folders-overview of Notes.app on my iPhone, they appear to be connected to various eMail-accounts that I have.
How can I get them together in one folder ? (e.g. in iCloud)
What you are asking is actually rather simple, but it’s not as intuitive as you might have wished :
- on your iPhone/iPad, open the Notes.app
- in the window that opens (“Notes”), click on the orange <-icon top left [on an iPad it’s the orange menu-card icon top-left]
- in the window that opens (“Folders”), see how many notes each folder contains, and write those numbers down
- then click on the >-icon at the right of the eMail-account you want to move the notes away from
- in the window that opens (“Notes”), you will see all of the notes that are connected to that eMail-account
- then click on Edit (top right)
- then click on Move All (bottom left)
- in the window that opens, select a folder to move these old notes to (I would suggest to move them to your iCloud account’s folder, but you can choose any other folder, or you can create a new folder by clicking on “New Folder”)
- then, in the window that opens (“Folders”), your the eMail-account will still be listed, but the number of notes in it will be 0 (and the number of notes in the folder that you’ve previously chosen will have increased by the exact number that was in your old eMail-account)
- now, repeat this procedure for any other eMail-accounts that you would like to disconnect your notes from
NOTE : after the Notes have been transferred, you might still see a number next to the old folder even though no notes can be found when you click on it ; to fix this, just close the Notes.app completely (look here if you don’t know how to do that) and reopen the Notes.app again
That’s it !