I recently moved to a new home, so I’ve changed my Home-location in AddressBook. But whenever I use the TomTom navigation app on my iPhone, and select Home, it still selects my old address and directs me there… not having noted that, I ended up on the wrong side of town last night…
What is wrong ?
The TomTom.app for iOS has it’s own location set for ‘Home’. You probably set that up long time ago, when you started to use the app and forgot about it.
To change the Home-location setting inside the TomTom.app, do this :
- open the TomTom.app on your iPhone
- when you see the regular navigation map screen, swipe from left to right
- when the “Menu” screen appears, scroll down and click on “Change Settings”
- in the “Settings” screen that appears, click on the top line (listing your name with a green home-icon in front of it)
- now the “Set Home Location” screen opens and you can choose a way to input a new Home-location ; these are the easiest ways of doing so :
- click “People”, then “Contact”, then type your own name in the Search-field, select yourself when you are listed, then select your Home-location from your AddressBook
- click “Address” and input your new home address as if it was a new destination
That’s it !