I have just upgraded my child’s iPhone from iOS 11 to iOS 12, but I can’t access his/her iCloud settings, since his/her account name is greyed out in Settings.app and nothing happens when I click on it…
How can I solve this ?
The problem is that you have had Restrictions-setting active on iOS 11, and it is still active on iOS 12…
However : the Restrictions-setting is no longer in the “General”-chapter of Settings.app, starting in iOS 12, the Restrictions-setting is in the “Screen Time”-chapter (the purple hourglass icon just above the grey sprocket/gear-wheel icon of the “General”-chapter) and the setting is now called “Content & Privacy Restrictions”
So, do this :
- open the Settings.app
- in the window that opens, click on “Screen Time” (the chapter just above “General”)
- in the next window, click on “Content & Privacy Restrictions”
- when asked, type the Restrictions-password-code (4 digits) you previously used on iOS 11
- then scroll down to “ALLOW CHANGES:” and “Account Changes” and adjust the setting to allow changes
- now, the account-info in Settings will no longer be greyed out and you can also login on additional iCloud services like Messages (a.k.a. iMessage)
that’s it !