When I tried to turn on iTunes Home Sharing on my new AppleTV today, I got a message that the iCloud account was not recognized. I tried a few times, but I keep getting an error message that either my login or password is incorrect.
What else could be wrong ?
You may have turned on iTunes Home Sharing long time ago using an old @mac.com-account, and not an @me.com-account.
In iTunes 11, your best way to resolve this is to recreate your iTunes Home Sharing using your @me.com-account. To do so, do this :
– open iTunes 11 on your Mac
– go to File in the menu bar, and choose Home Sharing and Turn Off Home Sharing
– then do the same on all other Macs on your home network that are using Home Sharing (no more than 5 Macs in total)
– then in iTunes on your primary Mac, go to File, choose Home sharing and Turn On Home Sharing
– in the window that opens, log in using your @me.com-account and password
– wait for the setup to finish and when the page refreshes, click Done
– now go to your AppleTV and log into Home Sharing using your @me.com-account there
– then make sure you also change the iTunes Home Sharing settings on your other Macs to your @me.com-account
…that’s it !