Normally, on my iPhone, when I get a Whatsapp-message with a great photo or image, I can click on it, then click the Export-button (the ‘square with an upward arrow’ icon, bottom left) and I get the Save-option.
But when I get a batch of images/photos in one WhatsApp-message I can click on one of them and I will get the Select-button (top right)… then I can select the images/photos I want to save, but when I click the Export-button (bottom left) now… I don’t get the Save-option…
What am I doing wrong ?
Simply put : it’s a limitation of Whatsapp. It’s limited to saving a maximum of 5 pictures/images at the same time.
The process for saving pictures you are describing is correct, but just try it yourself : Select up to 5 images and you will see the Save-option, and if you select 6 or more images, you will not get the Save-option any longer…
So… to save multiple images from one WhatsApp-message at the same time, do this :
- Click om the Whatsapp message that shows multiple images in one
- when the screen opens where you will see all images below each other, click the Select-button (top right)
- now, in each picture a small circle outline will appear in it’s top left corner, and click those to select each picture (the circle will turn blue and a white checkmark will appear inside it)
- if there are up to 5 pictures in total, you could also click the SelectAll-button (top left)
- if there are 6 or more pictures, select the first 5 manually
- then click the Export-button (the ‘square with an upward arrow’ icon, bottom left) and click the “Save 5 Images”-option from the menu
- these 5 images will now be saved to your iOS Photos.app
- Now, repeat this procedure for the next 5 pictures, and keep repeating this until all pictures are saved
That’s it !