I have the ORC Scan-to-Document converter software ABBYY FineReader. It works great, but there’s just one really annoying thing : the desktop icon is fine in smaller sizes, but whenever it needs to display in bigger sizes, it gets all scrambled up…
What is wrong ?
The icon that is connected to your application seems to have corrupted images for the bigger (newer) icon sizes.
I haven’t been able to find big sized (512×512 and 1024×1024) icons for you, but these PNG-files will help you to quickly create new icons for ABBYY FineReader that will look good at most sizes :
Here’s how to convert these into icons :
– download the icon you need (just drag&drop from this website to your Desktop)
– double-click the PNG-file on your Desktop (it will open in Preview)
– press the CMD + A key-combo on your keyboard to select the image
– press the CMD + C key-combo to copy the image
– select the “ABBYY FineReader”-app in your “Applications”-folder
– press the CMD + I key-combo to open the “Get Info”-window
– select the icon (a blue corona will appear around the icon)
– press the CMD + V key-icon to paste the image into the app-icon
– press the CMD + ALT + ESC key-combo to open the “Force Quit”-window
– select “Finder” from the list and click the “Relaunch”-button
– then close the Force Quit and Get Info windows