I have auto-updating turned on in macOS 10.14 Mojave, but today I got an error message that “gmatevents” prevented updates from being installed”.
What is wrong and how do I fix it ?
Gmatevents is an application that runs in the back of macOS when you install iTrash Ghost Mode. To get rid off it, do this :
- go to Apple-menu (the Apple-icon top-left in the Finder)
- open System Preferences from the pull-down menu
- in the window that opens, click on Users & Groups
- in the window that opens, click on the account of the person who is the Current User (on the left)
- then click on the “Login Items” tab
- in the list that opens, you will see “iTrashGhost”
- select “iTrashGhost” then click the -(minus) button below the list
- the “iTrashGhost” will now disappear from the list
- exit System Preferences
- you should no longer get the error message now
that’s it… enjoy 😉