I got an eMail-attachment in PDF, and when I tried to print it from my OSX 10.8 “Mountain Lion” MacBookPro, a completely blank page came out of my HP DeskJet 930c…
And when I tried printing the entire mail (including the preview of the PDF), the eMail-bodytext got printed, but there was a blank spot where the PDF-preview should have been…
What can I do ?
For some unknown reason, the HP DeskJet 930c seems to have problems printing PDFs from OSX 10.8 “Mountain Lion”. The only remedy seems to be to install Adobe Reader and print every PDF from there…
…to make printing from Adobe Reader a little easier for you (and something you will not forget when you do not print PDFs for some time), it would be good to set Adobe Reader as the preferred software to open any PDF on your Mac. To do so, do this :
– select any PDF-document’s icon on your Mac
– then press [CMD]+[I] on your keyboard
– in the ‘Get Info’ window that opens, go to the chapter called “Open with:”
– if the grey triangular arrow in front is pointing to the right, click on it to make it point downward and reveal the pulldown-menu that you can should choose “Adobe Reader” from
– after you’ve done that, make sure you also click the “Change All…” button
…now any PDF-document you get on your Mac or in your Mac will open up in Adobe Reader, and you can print it from there
That’s it !