I have troubles with my eMail on my iPhone, so I started to look for solutions in the iOS Settings.app ; I don’t know if this is relevant for the solution to my mail-problem, but I found that when I try to adjust the settings for Fetch New Data (in the Settings.app > Mail > Accounts > scroll down to bottom) is turned OFF, and when I click on it the entire Fetch New Data settings page is greyed out, so I can’t switch it back ON and have my mail checked automatically…
What is wrong ? How can I fix this ?
Relax, there’s nothing wrong… it’s just strange that iOS isn’t telling you why the entire page is greyed out and how you can fix this…
The thing is : your iPhone is in Low Power Mode (a.k.a. Battery Saving Mode)… (if you look closely, you will see that the battery indicator top right is yellow in stead of white or green)
To fix this, do this :
- swipe down from the battery indicator top right
- in the window that opens, scroll down to the white tile with the battery (in yellow) and click on it
- now the tile wil turn dark and the battery will turn white
- if there is no battery-tile, then go to Settings.app > Battery and switch the slider at Low Power Mode to ON
- to check, go to Settings.app > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data and you will see that you can now set everything as you like
That’s it !