Lately, some of my friends have complained to me that they did not receive my recent SMS-es at all…
…I was completely sure I had send them, and when I look inside the Messages-app, they’re properly listed as a blue SMS (= an iMessage).
Any idea what could be wrong ? …and how to fix this ?
There seems to be a problem/bug/incompatibility between iOS 7 and iOS 6 when sending iMessages from iOS 7 to people who have not yet upgraded to iOS 7 and are still on iOS 6.
FYI : in iOS 7 and iOS 6, the Messages-app auto-detects if you’re sending a text message to an iPhone or not :
– if your text message turns Blue, it has been sent as an FREE Apple iMessage
– if your text message turns Green, it has been sent as a ‘good-old’ (payed) SMS
Fixing this problem/bug/incompatibility is rather simple, even though it’s really annoying…
But the real problem for you-as-a-user is that it’s really hard to tell on forehand if your ‘SMS’ (iMessage) will be delivered or not…
The only thing you can do ‘as an iOS 7 user’ is this :
– in Messages-app, select the recipient and type a text message as you normally would
– when it turns Green, just send it out (it will be send as a regular SMS)
– when it turns Blue, and you’re not 100% sure the recipient is using iOS 7, hold your finger on the text until a few extra options appear, then choose “Send as text message”… now your text message will turn Green and be send (as a regular SMS)
– when it turns Blue, and you’re 100% sure the recipient is using iOS 7, just send it out (it will be send as a FREE Apple iMessage)
…and when you’re not sure if this did go okay after you’ve send the text message : see if there is a red circle with a white exclamation mark next to your (Blue) text message…
…if there is, click on it and choose the option “Send as text message”
…and if you get any complaints from people that they didn’t receive your SMS since you’ve upgraded to iOS 7, select the text message again, hold your finger on it a little longer and select “Send as text message” from the options that appear.
Good Luck !