I am working in Apple Maps.app on my Mac and now I have made a lot of Dropped Pins / Red Pins that I have gathered in a custom My Guides folder. I have just created another Red Pin that I also want to add to this custom My Guides folder, but when I do the exact same thing to add it as I did earlier, for some reason that is impossible for this Red Pin since the name of the custom My Guides folder is not appearing… the only option given is “New Guide” for some reason…
What is wrong ? How can I fix this ?
This seems to be a bug in Apple Maps.app (especially Maps version 3.0) on macOS… To fix this, do this :
- close Apple Maps.app on your Mac
- then, open Maps.app on your iPhone
- swipe un the pull-up window (with the Search field) so the More Info window fills the screen
- scroll down to the Red Pin you want to add
- if you don’t see it right away, you might need to dig a little futher by clicking on one of the “More” buttons (on the right, next to each chapter)
- when found, click on the Red Pin and it’s info will open in a new window
- then, click on the ‘three dots’/More-button and choose “Add to Guides” from the pop-up menu
- now, the complete list of My Guides you have will be visible (even the ones you were not able to select on your Mac)
- Click on the custom My Guides folder and you will be able to add the Red Pin to that custom My Guides folder
That’s it !