I am trying to get my photos from my iPhone onto my Mac. But after connecting my iPhone using USB the Photos.app does start up in macOS, but the newest photos I’ve made with my iPhone never show up my Mac.
Disconnecting and reconnecting my iPhone doesn’t help. Restarting the iPhone doesn’t resolve this problem, neither does restarting my Mac.
What can I do to solve this ?
Even though you are encountering a very annoying problem, it’s rather easy to solve :
- disconnect your iPhone (or iPad) from your Mac
- open the Photos.app in iOS (on your iPhone/iPad)
- click on the Photos-button (bottom-left ; the icon consisting of a double rectangle with the text ‘Photos’ below it)
- select one photo one of the newest photos
- then click on the Share-button (bottom-left ; the icon consisting of a square with an arrow pointing upward)
- select all photos that are not showing up on you Mac, by swiping the photos to the left and right and tapping the bottom-right circle of each individual missing photo (the circle will turn into a blue checkmark)
- then swipe in the row of app-icons to the Shared Albums icon and click it
- wait while the clock says ‘Preparing’
- then click Cancel (top-left)
- now connect your iPhone (or iPad) to your Mac
- open the Photos.app in macOS (on your Mac)
- unlock your iPhone (or iPad) using your fingerprint/face-scan/screen-unlock-code
- then, on your Mac, in Photos.app goto the left side bar and at Devices, click on your iPhone/iPad
- then wait for the photos to appear as New Items
- and click on the Import All New Items button top-right (or select only the photos you want to import and click on the Import Selected button)
That’s it !