My car doesn’t have buit-in navigation, but the onboard system supports Apple CarPlay. I have connected my iPhone to my car both through USB and Bluetooth, but my car only connects to my iPhone for Contacts and telephone… I can’t get access to my iPhone apps like navigation…
I have looked up info on CarPlay online, and it is said everywhere that there should be a CarPlay option in the General.app listed in the same chapter containing AirDrop, AirPlay&Handoff and Picture-in-Picture… immediately below those Picture-in-Picture… but there is none…
My iPhone is just over a year old and I am running the latest version of iOS, so that shouldn’t be a problem, especially since my friend’s iPhone 6S immediately connects to my car’s CarPlay when he plugs in the lightning-to-USB-cable…
What is wrong ?
If you have Siri turned off, the CarPlay option won’t show.
So, to fix your problem, do this :
- on your iPhone, goto the Settings.app > Siri & Search (in the same chapter as General, Control Center and Display&Brightness, just below Wallpaper) > switch ON “Allow Siri When Locked” and preferably also “Listen for Hey Siri” and/or “Press Side Button for Siri”
- then turn Bluetooth OFF and back ON on your iPhone
- then turn WiFi OFF and back ON on your iPhone
- then goto the Settings.app > General > CarPlay
- if CarPlay isn’t listed, just wait a few minutes or restart your iPhone
- press&hold the ON/OFF-button and the VolumeUP-button simultaneously until the “Slide to power off” slider appears
- then slide the PowerOFF-slider so the screen goes black
- then press&hold the ON/OFF-button until the Apple logo appears and your iPhone restarts and says you SIM must be unlocked
- then touch the screen and typ your screen unlock code (6 digits) in the first (black) screen
- then typ your SIM unlock code (4 digits) in the second (white) screen
- then, again, goto the Settings.app > General and check if CarPlay is now listed
- if CarPlay still isn’t listed, repeat the entire process
- now reconnect your iPhone to your car using the Lighting-to-USB-cable and your car’s display will now be able to show your iPhone’s apps also
- if the app you want to use isn’t listed, goto Settings.app > General > CarPlay and make sure that you add all apps that you would like to use
- if no apps are available on your car’s display, use another Lightning-to-USB-cable
That’s it !