I am on holiday and since there is no WiFi-internet here, I would like to connect my Nintendo Switch to my iPhone’s unlimited internet plan by connecting to it’s WiFi using the Personal Hotspot feature in iOS. But if I have Personal Hotspot turned on, my Switch can’t see it… even if I can connect to the Personal Hotspot from another iPhone.
What is wrong ?
There’s an easy fix for this :
- on you iPhone, goto the Settings.app
- in the Settings window that opens, click on “Personal Hotspot” (should be just below “Mobile Data” – if it is not, your mobile phone provider has blocked this and you have no way of wirelessly sharing your iPhone’s internet connection)
- in the Personal Hotspot window that opens, set the “Allow Others to Join” slider to ON
- you can just use automatically generated WiFi password for your Personal Hotspot, but if you want to set your own password, click on the triangular arrow right next to the password and a new page wil openen where you will be able to set the password of your liking
- now, the one crucial step : set the “Maximise Compatibility” slider to ON
- then exit the Settings.app
- goto your Nintendo Switch and now you will see your iPhone’s personal hotspot listed as an available network
That’s it !